- July 9, 2019: Employment Separation After Allegations – Discharged: Allegations “Customers’ allegations of unauthorized trading, unsuitable investment recommendations and excessive trading.
- May 3, 2018: Customer Dispute Pending – Damage Amount Requested $700,000: Allegations “The Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012 until 2017.
- March 3, 2018: Customer Dispute – Settlement Amount of $40,000,000: Allegations “The Customer alleges excessive trading and unsuitable investment recommendations from 2012 until 2017.
- February 2, 2018: Customer Dispute Pending – Damage Amount Requested $42,218,702: Allegations “The customer alleges unsuitable investments, unauthorized trading and excessive trading from December 2007 to February 2018.
- August 8, 2009: Customer Dispute Denied – Damage Amount Requested $148,353: Allegations “The Customer alleges unsuitable investment recommendations and misrepresentation from December 2007 until February 2008.
To review Charles Kenahan’s Brokercheck report, click here: https://brokercheck.finra.org/individual/summary/1351974
Financial advisors (brokers) have a legal obligation and regulatory obligation to recommend only suitable investments that are appropriate for their individual clients. Their broker-dealer (employing brokerage firm) has a legal obligation and regulatory obligation to supervise the financial advisor’s sales practices and dealings with clients. To the extent that any of these duties are breached, the customer may be entitled to a recovery of his or her investment losses.
Before starting at Merrill Lynch, Charles Kenahan has worked at multiple firms over the years for various lengths of time: Morgan Stanley & Co, Morgan Stanley DW Inc, Smith Barney Inc, Bear Stearns & Co, and Thomson McKinnon Securities. FINRA maintains a database of investor complaints and disciplinary and employment history for registered representatives and publishes some of this information on its BrokerCheck website, www.brokercheck.finra.org.
Charles Kenahan of Merrill Lynch | Charles Kenahan Lawsuit
Based on our experience, we believe that there are more investors who have been the victim of Charles Kenahan’s alleged broker misconduct and investment fraud. If you’ve worked with or invested with Charles Kenahan, you should contact Peiffer Wolf Carr & Kane immediately for a FREE Consultation.
Peiffer Wolf Carr & Kane is currently investigating Charles Kenahan’s practices, as well as the products he recommended to individual investors. Concerns about possible broker misconduct and investment fraud are serious, and we are committed to fighting on behalf of investors. Contact Us Today for a FREE Consultation. 585-310-5140.